Let’s be real with ourselves: 2016 was NOT AMAZING overall. It was pretty mediocre and that’s me being nice. There has to be a major shift in mindset and lifestyle to make this year considerably better than the last. There are things we ultimately have no control over but there are A LOT of things that we do have control over. As I was writing this I realized that it’s honestly a list of things that I am personally working on and want to continue working on in the new year & I thought it would be nice to share my thoughts.
- We have control over our thoughts. Every day we wake up we can choose to be more positive for ourselves and for the world around us. We can speak life into situations and circumstances.
- Dare to be brave. Speak up. Speak out. Don’t hold back. We are so terrified of how people will perceive us that we hold everything in and that’s so unhealthy for us. Your point of view is as important as you make it. Your feelings are as important as you make them. Sometimes the things you’re scared of are exactly what the world needs at that moment.
- Consider your impact on the world and those around you. What vibes are you putting out in the world? How are you choices affecting the environment? Are you spreading love and light? Just some things to think about.
- Spend sometime with yourself. Being around people is fun, we all love having fun but sometimes we need to take a step back and be with ourselves.
- Screw the trends. You don’t need it because everyone else has it. You don’t have to trash it because everyone else is trashing it. You don’t need to watch it because everyone else does… you get my point. You’re unique, live in that uniqueness and love it.
- Don’t spend what you don’t have to ‘stunt’ on people. Self explanatory.
- Do it bigger. Dream bigger. Smile bigger. Love bigger.
- Support your friends. It’s almost as if people are afraid to support business endeavors by their own friends. Why? Support your friends, their dreams, and their businesses. It’s not a competition.
- Having emotions/feelings is not a bad thing. We always want to one up one another at being heartless. It’s so stupid. Allow yourself to feel things. Be emotional. That is your right as a human being.
- CREATE. CREATE. CREATE. Social media and the web can be either a blessing or a curse, it all depends on how you choose to use it! Use it to create something positive. Use your talents in a positive way. Be an environmentalist. Be a humanitarian. Be a feminist. Combine your passions and your talents, you’ll be mind blown by the results.
HAPPY 2017! Let’s make it an amazing year! ❤